Membership of the Royal Belgian Society for Zoology is open for all professional biologists. The annual subscription for regular members is 40 EUR. Family membership fee, comprising only one subscription to the Journal, is 40 EUR. Belgian PhD. students benefit from a subscription of 25 EUR, undergraduates 10 EUR.
The annual subscription is valid for a calendar year (from January 1 to December 31).
The annual subscription entitles members of the Royal Belgian Zoological Society
- to receive the Belgian Journal of Zoology (two issues per year, respectively in January and July, and the occasional supplements) free of charge;
- to publish additional pages for free in the Belgian Journal of Zoology;
- to have free entrance to the Antwerp and Planckendael zoological gardens (only if the subscriber proceeds to payment before the end of March). A Zoo admission pass can be obtained by sending name, private address and a passport photo to the secretary;
- to be listed on the Zoologists mailing list, where relevant information on zoology is spread (meeting announcements, job vacancies, ...);
- to participate at the Benelux Congress of Zoology at reduced subscription rates.
A new kind of membership, specifically for Research Groups, is now also offered, with an annual fee of only 100,00 EUR (see membership form). A research group will be treated as one single membership, with the understanding, that all members of the research group become member of RBZS as well under the following terms:
The head of the research group registers as a full member, enjoying the following benefits:
- receives on request the Belgian Journal of Zoology twice a year (issued in January and July) and the occasional supplements free of charge.
- receives additional pages free of charge in the Belgian Journal of Zoology.
- has free entrance to the zoological gardens of Antwerp and Planckendael (only if the subscriber proceeds to payment before the end of March). A zoo admission pass can be obtained by sending name, private address and a passport photograph to the society's secretary.
- will be listed in the Zoologists mailing list, that distributes relevant information on zoology (meeting announcements, job vacancies,...) and can send the e-mail addresses of the members of his research group to firstname.lastname@example.org, who will add them to the mailing list.
- can participate at the Benelux Congress of Zoology at reduced subscription rates.
All members of the research group enjoy the following benefits:
- receive additional pages free of charge in the Belgian Journal of Zoology.
- will be listed in the Zoologists mailing list, that distributes relevant information on zoology (meeting announcements, job vacancies,...).
IMPORTANT: This membership is only applicable at the level of research groups, not at the level of departments or institutes! Research groups can be formally recognized entities within the home institute as such, or can be constituted of one Principal Researcher or Team leader with several PhD students and/or postdoc collaborators.
In case you need an invoice, please contact the treasurer of the Society, to whom you can send the list of the members of your research group.
With the introduction of this new kind of membership, we hope to provide a broader service to the zoologist community in Belgium, and attain higher visibility of the Society and its activities (Belgian Journal of Zoology, Benelux Congress of Zoology, Kets Award, National Master Information Day, etc.).
Click here if you want to join the society.
For payment modalities:
Payments need to be addressed to:
“Royal Belgian Zoological Society”
With reference of Name and Surname
Membership fees can be transferred to the BNP Paribas Fortis Bank account number BE83 0011 8700 0215.
Payments from abroad (*) will require the following information: IBAN: BE83 0011 8700 0215 BIC: GEBABEBB BNP Paribas Fortis Bank, Warandeberg 3, B-1000 BRUSSELS, BELGIUM. Payments by VISA or MASTERCARD are no longer accepted.
(*) Austria, Azores, Canary Islands, Denmark, Germany, Guadeloupe, Guyana, Finland, France, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Luxemburg, Madeira, Martinique, The Netherlands, Portugal, Réunion, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom.